RIKEN Center for Emergent Matter Science
Emergent Spectroscopy Research Unit
Unit Leader: Youtarou Takahashi (Ph.D.)
Optical phenomena are critical for understanding the physical properties of matter, while the material with a particular property provides the novel optical phenomena. Our current research interests focus on the novel optical phenomena driven by the strong coupling between the dielectric and magnetic properties in matter, the optical control of the state of matter and the conduction electron dynamics in the strongly correlated electron system. The dynamical responses of the strongly correlated systems are investigated by the state-of-the-art laser spectroscopy including the terahertz and ultrafast spectroscopy.
Main Research Field
Related Research Fields
- Novel magnetoelectric optics on electromagnons
- Ultrafast spin dynamics in multiferroics
- Terahertz spectroscopy on strongly correlated electron system
- Takahashi, Y., Chakraverty, S., Kawasaki, M., Hwang, H. Y., and Tokura, Y.:
"In-plane terahertz response of thin film Sr2RuO4"
Phys. Rev. B89, 165116 (2014).
- Ueda, K., Fujioka, J., Takahashi, Y., Suzuki, T., Ishiwata, S., Taguchi, Y., Kawasaki, M. and Tokura, Y.:
"Anomalous domain-wall conductance in Pyrochlore-type Nd2Ir2O7 on the verge of metal-insulator transition"
Phys. Rev. B89, 075127 (2014).
- Takahashi, Y., Yamasaki, Y., and Tokura, Y.:
"Terahertz Magnetoelectric Resonance Enhanced by Mutual Coupling of Electromagnons"
Phys. Rev. Lett.111.037204 (2013).
- Ueda, K., Fujioka, J., Takahashi, Y., Suzuki, T., Ishiwata, S., Taguchi, Y., and Tokura, Y.:
"Variation of Charge Dynamics in the Course of Metal-Insulator Transition for Pyrochlore-Type Nd2Ir2O7"
Phys. Rev. Lett.109.136402 (2012).
- Takahashi, Y., Shimano, R., Kaneko, Y., Murakawa, H., and Tokura, Y.:
"Magnetoelectric resonance with electromagnon in a perovskite helimagnet"
Nature Physics 8, 121-125 (2012).