Global Research Cluster
RIKEN-XJTU Joint Research Unit
Unit Leader: Kohei Tamao (D.Eng.)
The mission of this unit is to carry out collaborative research activities between RIKEN and Xi'an Jiaotong University, China. The activities include not only managing and expanding interactive joint research programs, but also scientific/technical cooperation, researchers/student intra-exchanges, etc. The research subjects related to neutron beam technology and advanced photonics technology are currently promoted. By extending these activities to the other research fields in RIKEN and XJTU, the team contributes to promote internationalization of RIKEN.
Main Research Field
Related Research Fields
Engineering / Chemistry / Materials Sciences
- Intelligent Recognition and Navigation System for Unmanned Vehicle (collaboration with Xi'an Jiaotong University.)
- Understanding of Adaptive Behavior of the Insect by Synthetic Neuroethology Approachh (collaboration with Hokkaido University)
- Research and development of wireless sensor-robot network for monitoring underwater environment (collaboration with Tokyo Denki University, Okinawa National College of Technology and Kagawa University)
- Research on Cooperative Systems utilizing Autonomous Mobile Artifacts (collaboration with Keio University and Toyo University)
- Kawabata, K., Xue, J., Ma, L., Zheng, N.:
"An On-line Reference Governor for Mobile Robot to Reduce the Occurrence of Control Input Saturation" Advanced Robotics, DOI: 10.1080/01691864.2014.1001789, (2015)
- Kawabata, K., Takemura, F., Suzuki, T., Sawai, K., Kuraya, E., Takahashi, S., Yamashiro, H., Isomura, N., Xue, J.:
"Underwater Image Gathering by Utilizing Stationary and Movable Sensor Nodes - Towards Observation of Symbiosis System in the Coral Reef of Okinawa-"
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, Vol. 2014, Article ID 835642, DOI: 10.1155/2014/835642, (2014)
- Kawabata, K., Aonuma, H., Takahashi, S., Hosoda, K., Xue, J.:
"Image-based Pose Estimation for Analyzing Cricket-Robot Interaction Behavior"
Journal of Signal Processing, Vol. 18, No.3, pp135-141, DOI: 10.2299/jsp.18.135, (2014)
- Suzuki, T., Kato, K., Makihara, E., Kobayashi, T., Kono, H., Sawai, K., Kawabata, K., Takemura, F., Isomura, N., and Yamashiro, H.:
"Development of Underwater Monitoring Wireless Sensor Network to Support Coral Reef Observation" International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks , Vol.2014, Article ID 189643, DOI: 10.1155/2014/189643, (2014)
- Chugo, D., Kawabata, K., Kaetsu, H., Asama, H., Mishima, T.:
"Terrain Surface Estimation using Body Con_guration Information of Passive Linkages"
International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems , Vol.11, pp12-24, DOI: 10.5772/57323, (2014)
- Kawabata, K., Aonuma, H., Hosoda, K., Xue, J.:
"Active Interaction Utilizing Micro Mobile Robot and On-line Data Gathering for Experiments in Cricket Pheromone Behavior"
Robotics and Autonomous Systems, 1529-1538, DOI information:10.1016/j.robot.2013.04.021., (2013)
- Okuda, Y., Kamada, H., Takahashi, S., Kaneko, S., Kawabata, K., Takemura, F.:
"Method of Dynamic Image Processing for Ecology Observation of Marine Life"
Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics , Vol. 25, No.5, pp820-829, (2013)
- Takemura, F., Futenma, S., Kawabata, K., Sagara, S.:
"Experimental Veri_cation of Lifting Force by an Underwater Robot with Thrusters Having the Passive Posture Maintenance Mechanism"
Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics , Vol. 25, No.5, pp.812-819, (2013)
- Takemura, F., Shiroku, R. T., Kawabata, K., Sagara, S.:
"Development of Easy-Removable Underwater Manipulator Unit with Built-in Controller"
Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics , Vol. 25, No.5, pp.778-784, (2013)
- Kawabata, K., Takemura, F., Futenma, S., Suzuki, T.:
"On-line Image Gathering utilizing an Operated Underwater Movable Sensor Node"
Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol. 25, No.5, pp.772-777, (2013)
- Kohei Tamao
- Unit Leader
- Kuniaki Kawabata
- Visiting Scientist