RIKEN Center for Integrative Medical Sciences
Laboratory for Integrated Bioinformatics
Team Leader: Todd Duane Taylor (Ph.D.)
We develop computational tools and databases for the analysis of various large-scale datasets. Our goal is to create easy-to-use tools capable of efficiently processing, analyzing and visualizing data from a variety of sources, with an emphasis on metagenomics. We also provide some centralized bioinformatics support for other research laboratories in the center, and together we are developing an integrated database and sample-tracking system for the storage, distribution, and analysis of various types of experimental data.
Main Research Field
Related Research Fields
Biology & Biochemistry / Molecular Biology & Genetics / Microbiology / Computer Science / Mathematics / Environment & Ecology
- Jinda, W., Poungvarin, N., Taylor, T.D., Suzuki, Y., Thongnoppakhun, W., Limwongse, C., Lertrit, P., Suriyaphol, P., and Atchaneeyasakul, L.:
"A novel start codon mutation of the MERTK gene in a patient with retinitis pigmentosa"
Molecular Vision 22, 342-351. (2016)
- Nishijima, S., Suda, W., Oshima, K., Kim, S.W., Hirose, Y., Morita, H., and Hattori, M.:
"The gut microbiome of healthy Japanese and its microbial and functional uniqueness"
DNA Research 23, 125-133. (2016)
- Fujimura, R., Kim, S.W., Sato, Y., Oshima, K., Hattori, M., Kamijo, T., and Ohta, H.:
"Unique pioneer microbial communities exposed to volcanic sulfur dioxide"
Scientific Reports 6, 1-9. (2016)
- Dinesh, B., Lau, N.-S., Furusawa, G., Kim, S.W., Taylor, T.D., Foong, S., and Chong, A.:
"Comparative genome analyses of novel Mangrovimonas-like strains isolated from estuarine mangrove sediments reveal xylan and arabinan utilization genes"
Marine Genomics 25, 115-121. (2016)
- Nanthini, J., Chia, K.-H., Thottathil, G.P., Taylor, T.D., Kondo, S., Najimudin, N., Baybayan, P., Singh, S., and Sudesh, K.:
"Complete genome sequence of Streptomyces sp. strain CFMR 7, a natural rubber degrading actinomycete isolated from Penang, Malaysia"
Journal of Biotechnology 214, 47-48. (2015)
- Miyake, S., Kim, S., Suda, W., Oshima, K., Nakamura, M., Matsuoka, T., Chihara, N., Tomita, A., Sato, W., Kim, S.W., Morita, H., Hattori, M., and Yamamura, T.:
"Dysbiosis in the gut microbiota of patients with multiple sclerosis, with a striking depletion of species belonging to clostridia XIVa and IV clusters"
PLoS One 10, 1-16. (2015)
- Foong, C.P., Lau, N.-S., Deguchi, S., Toyofuku, T., Taylor, T.D., Sudesh, K., and Matsui, M.:
"Whole genome amplification approach reveals novel polyhydroxyalkanoate synthases (PhaCs) from Japan Trench and Nankai Trough seawater"
BMC Microbiology 17, 7. (2014).
- Sharma, V., Chetal, G., Taylor, T.D., and Prakash T.:
"Functional Assignment of Metagenomic Data: Insights for the Microbial Nitrogen Cycle"
Metagenomics of the Microbial Nitrogen Cycle: Theory, Methods and Applications. Edited by Diana Marco. Published by Caister Academic Press, Argentina. Chapter 1. (2014).
- International Glossina Genome Initiative:
"Genome sequence of the tsetse fly (Glossina morsitans): vector of African trypanosomiasis"
Science 344, 380-386. (2014).
- Jinda, W., Taylor, T.D., Suzuki, Y., Thongnoppakhun, W., Limwongse, C., Lertrit, P., Suriyaphol, P., Trinavarat, A., and Atchaneeyasakul, L.O.:
"Whole exome sequencing in Thai patients with retinitis pigmentosa reveals novel mutations in six genes"
Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science 55, 2259-2268. (2014).
- Todd Duane Taylor
- Team Leader
- Naveen Kumar
- Senior Technical Scientist
- Seok Won Kim
- Postdoctoral Researcher
- Maxime Hebrard
- Postdoctoral Researcher