RIKEN SPring-8 Center
Accelerator Research and Development Group
Group Director: Hitoshi Tanaka (D.Eng.)
The group conducts R&D on accelerator components, beam handling technology and insertion devices for achieving ultimate performance of SASE FEL. The group also carries out R&D on Seeded FEL that generates ideal brilliant X-rays having spatial and temporal coherence.
- Size reduction of XFEL system
- High performance short period in-vacuum undulator
- Innovative seeding system
- Improvement of XFEL performance and operationability
- Generation of highly brilliant electron beam
- T, Tanaka* and H, Kitamura.:
"Composite period undulator to improve the wavelength tunability of free electron laser"
Phys. Rev. ST Accel. Beams 14, 050701 (2011).
- Toru Hara*, Kazuaki Togawa, and Hitoshi Tanaka.:
"Transverse envelope analysis for accelerating relativistic electron beams in a linear accelerator as a photon source "
Nucl. Inst. and Meth. A624, 65-72 (2010).
- Kazuaki Togawa*, Toru Hara, and Hitoshi Tanaka.:
"Electron bunch compression using an over-correction method for a compact x-ray free-electron laser"
Phys. Rev. ST Accel. Beams 12, 080706 (2009).
- Tsumoru Shintake, Hitoshi Tanaka*, Toru Hara, Takashi Tanaka, Kazuaki Togawa, Makina Yabashi, Yuji Otake, Yoshihiro Asano, Teruhiko Bizen, Toru Fukui, Shunji Goto, Atsushi Higashiya, Toko Hirono, Naoyasu Hosoda, Takahiro Inagaki, Shinobu Inoue, Miho Ishii, Yujong Kim, Hiroaki Kimura, Masanobu Kitamura, Toshiaki Kobayashi, Noritaka Kumagai, Hirokazu Maesaka, Takemasa Masuda, Sakuo Matsui, Tomohiro Matsushita, Xavier Maréchal, Mitsuru Nagasono, Haruhiko Ohashi, Toru Ohata, Takashi Ohshima, Kazuyuki Onoe, Tatsuyuki Sakurai, Katsutoshi Shirasawa, Tetsuya Takagi, Sunao Takahashi, Masao Takeuchi, Kenji Tamasaku, Ryotaro Tanaka, Yoshihito Tanaka, Takanori Tanikawa, Tadashi Togashi, Shukui Wu, Akihiro Yamashita, Kenichi Yanagida, Chao Zhang, Hideo Kitamura & Tetsuya Ishikawa.:
"Stable operation of a self-amplified spontaneous-emission (SASE)-type free-electron laser in the extremely ultra-violet region at the SCSS test accelerator",
Phys. Rev. ST Accel. Beams 12, 070701 (2009).
- K. Togawa*, T. Shintake, T. Inagaki, K. Onoe, T. Tanaka, H. Baba, H. Matsumoto.:
"CeB6 electron gun for low-emittance injector"
Phys. Rev. ST Accel. Beams 10, 020703 (2007).
The symbol * indicates the corresponding author of the paper.