RIKEN SPring-8 Center
Beam Line Research and Development Group
Group Director: Makina Yabashi (D.Eng.)
SACLA, the first compact XFEL facility in the world, has been opened for user experiments since March 2012. SACLA generates x-rays with very unique properties: ultra-high brightness, high spatial coherence and femto-second pulses. We have designed, constructed, and operated the beamlines and experimental system for SACLA from the very beginning. Based on these experience and knowledge of advanced technologies related to x-ray optics, data acquisition and analysis, the Beam Line Research and Development Group are pioneering the new research field of optical science such as x-ray quantum optics, coherent femto-second x-ray spectroscopy and coherent x-ray imaging. We collaborate with a wide range of researchers on material science, biomedical science and laser science, and expand the extent of SACLA applications by developing sophisticated experimental system. Furthermore, we develop advanced applications using new XFEL schemes such as seeded or multi-color FEL with the Accelerator R&D Group.
- XFEL Beamline & Optics Technologies
- XFEL Experimental Methodologies and Instrumentation
- X-ray Detector Developent
- XFEL Seeding Technologies
- X-ray Quantum Optics
- T. Hara, K. Tamasaku, T. Aasaka, T. Inagaki, Y. Inubushi, T. Katayama, C. Kondo, H. Maesaka, S. Matsubara, T. Ohshima, Y. Otake, T. Sakurai, T. Sato, H. Tanaka, T. Togashi, K. Togawa, K. Tono, M. Yabashi, T. Ishikawa,
"Time-interleaved multienergy acceleration for an x-ray free-electron laser facility"
Phys. Rev. ST. Accel. Beams Vol. 16, pp. 080701 (2013)
- M Yabashi, H Tanaka, T Tanaka, H Tomizawa, T Togashi, M Nagasono, T Ishikawa, J R Harries, Y Hikosaka, A Hishikawa, K Nagaya, N Saito, E Shigemasa, K Yamanouchi and K Ueda,
"Compact XFEL and AMO sciences: SACLA and SCSS"
J. Phys. B Vol. 46, pp. 164001 (2013)
- K. Tamasaku, M. Nagasono, H. Iwayama, E. Shigemasa, Y. Inubushi, T. Tanaka, K. Tono, T. Togashi, T. Sato, T. Katayama, T. Kameshima, T. Hatsui, M. Yabashi and T. Ishikawa,
"Double Core-hole Creation by Sequential Attosecond Photo-ionization"
Phys. Rev. Lett. Vol. 111, pp. 043001 (2013)
- Y. Inubushi, K. Tono, T. Togashi, T. Sato, T. Hatsui, T. Kameshima, K. Togawa, T. Hara, T. Tanaka, H. Tanaka, T. Ishikawa, M. Yabashi,
"Determination of the Pulse Duration of an X-Ray Free Electron Laser Using Highly Resolved Single-Shot Spectra"
Phys. Rev. Lett. Vol. 109, pp. 144801 (2012)
- T. Ishikawa, H. Aoyagi, T. Asaka, Y. Asano, N. Azumi, T. Bizen, H. Ego, K. Fukami, T. Fukui, Y. Furukawa, S. Goto, H. Hanaki, T. Hara, T. Hasegawa, T. Hatsui, A. Higashiya, T. Hirono, N. Hosoda, M. Ishii, T. Inagaki, Y. Inubushi, T. Itoga, Y. Joti, M. Kago, T. Kameshima, H. Kimura, Y. Kirihara, A. Kiyomichi, T. Kobayashi, C. Kondo, T. Kudo, H. Maesaka, X.-M. Maréchal, T. Masuda, S. Matsubara, T. Matsumoto, T. Matsushita, S. Matsui, M. Nagasono, N. Nariyama, H. Ohashi, T. Ohata, T. Ohshima, S. Ono, Y. Otake, C. Saji, T. Sakurai, T. Sato, K. Sawada, T. Seike, K. Shirasawa, T. Sugimoto, S. Suzuki, S. Takahashi, H. Takebe, K. Takeshita, K. Tamasaku, H. Tanaka, R. Tanaka, T. Tanaka, T. Togashi, K. Togawa, A. Tokuhisa, H. Tomizawa, K. Tono, S. Wu, M. Yabashi, M. Yamaga, A. Yamashita, K. Yanagida, C. Zhang, T. Shintake, H. Kitamura, and N. Kumagai,
"A compact X-ray free-electron laser emitting in the sub-ångström region"
Nature Photonics Vol. 6, pp. 540-544 (2012)
- T. Togashi, E. J. Takahashi, K. Midorikawa, M. Aoyama, K. Yamakawa, T. Sato, A. Iwasaki, S. Owada, T. Okino, K. Yamanouchi, F. Kannari, A. Yagishita, H. Nakano, M.-E Couprie, K. Fukami, T. Hatsui, T. Hara, T. Kameshima, H. Kitamura, N. Kumagai, S. Matsubara, M. Nagasono, H. Ohashi, T. Ohshima, Y. Otake, T. Shintake, K. Tamasaku, H. Tanaka, T. Tanaka, K. Togawa, H. Tomizawa, T. Watanabe, M. Yabashi, and T. Ishikawa,
"Extreme ultraviolet free electron laser seeded with high-order harmonic of Ti:sapphire laser"
Opt. Exp. Vol. 19, pp. 317-324 (2011)
- T. Shintake, H. Tanaka, T. Hara, T. Tanaka, K. Togawa, M. Yabashi, Y. Otake, Y. Asano, T. Bizen, T. Fukui, S. Goto, A. Higashiya, T. Hirono, N. Hosoda, T. Inagaki, S. Inoue, M. Ishii, Y. Kim, H. Kimura , M. Kitamura, T. Kobayashi, H. Maesaka, T. Masuda, S. Matsui, T. Matsushita, X. Marechal, M. Nagasono, H. Ohashi, T. Ohata, T. Ohshima, K. Onoe, K. Shirasawa, T. Takagi, S. Takahashi, M. Takeuchi, K. Tamasaku, R. Tanaka, Y. Tanaka, T. Tanikawa, T. Togashi, S. Wu, A. Yamashita, K. Yanagida K, C. Zhang, H. Kitamura, and T. Ishikawa,
"A compact free-electron laser for generating coherent radiation in the extreme ultraviolet region"
Nature Photonics Vol. 2, pp. 555-559 (2008)
- Makina Yabashi
- Group Director
- Noriyoshi Azumi
- Research Scientist