RIKEN Center for Brain Science Intelligent Behavior Control Unit
Unit Leader: Shingo Shimoda (Ph.D.)
The amazing ability of living organisms to adapt to unknown situations is so unique that we cannot understand it through the conventional model-based control strategy. Our approach is to find the design principle of biological computational systems and apply it to artificial controllers. Using bio-mimetic controllers, we will work towards developing controllers that can learn autonomous behavior through the interaction of robot bodies and unknown environments.
Main Research Fields
- Interdisciplinary Science & Engineering
Related Research Fields
- Complex Systems
- Intelligent Robotics
- Rehabilitation System
- 1.Alejandro Lopez Rincon and Shingo Shimoda.:
"The Inverse Problem in Electroencephalography using the Bidomain Model of Electrical Activity"
Journal of Neuroscience Method, Vol. 274, pp.94-105, 2016
- 2.Hiroshi Yamasaki and Shingo Shimoda.:
"Spatiotemporal modular organization of muscle torques for sit-to-stand movements"
Journal of Biomechanics, Vol. 49, Issue 14, pp.3268-3274, 2016
- 3.Fady Alnajjar, Matti Itkonen, Vincent Berenz, Maxime Tournier, Chikara Nagai and Shingo Shimoda.:
"Sensory Synergy as Environmental Input Integration"
Front. Neurosci., Vol. 8, Article 436, 2015
- 4.Tytus Wojtara, Fady Shibata Alnajjar, Shingo Shimoda and Hidenori Kimura.:
"Muscle Synergy Stability and Human Balance Maintenance"
Journal of NeuroEngineering and Rehabilitation, 11:129, 2014
- 5.Mitsuhiro Hayashibe and Shingo Shimoda.:
"Synergetic Motor Control Paradigm for Optimizing Energy Efficiency of Multijoint Reaching via Tacit Learning"
Front. Comput. Neurosci., Vol. 8, Article 21, 2014
- 6.Fady Shibata Alnajjar, Tytus Wojtara, Hidenori Kimura and Shingo Shimoda.:
"Muscle Synergy Space: Learning Model To Create an Optimal Muscle Synergy"
Front. Comput. Neurosci.Vol. 7, Article 136, 2013
- 7.Shingo Shimoda, Yuki Yoshihara and Hidenori Kimura.:
"Adaptability of tacit learning in bipedal locomotion"
IEEE Transactions on Autonomous Mental Development, Vol. 5, No. 2. pp. 152-161, 2013
- 8.Tytus Wojtara, Makoto Sasaki, Hitoshi Konosu, Masashi Yamashita, Shingo Shimoda, Fady ALNAJJAR and Hidenori Kimura.:
"Artificial Balancer - Supporting Device for Postural Refelex"
Gait and Posture, No.35, pp316-321, 2012
- 9.Shingo Shimoda and Hidenori Kimura.:
"Bio-mimetic Approach to Tacit Learning based on Compound Control"
IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics-Part B, Vol. 40, No. 1, pp.77-90, 2010
- 10.Tytus Wojtara, Masafumi Uchihara, Hideyuki Murayama, Shingo Shimoda, Satoshi Sakai, Hideo Fujimoto and Hidenori Kimura.:
"Human-Robot Collaboration in Precise Positioning of a Three-Dimensional Object"
Automatica, Vol.45, pp333-342, 2009
- Shingo Shimoda
- Unit Leader
- Hiroshi Yamasaki
- Research Scientist
- Alvaro Costa Garcia
- Research Scientist
- Matti Sakari Itkonen
- Technical Staff I
- Masayo Matsui
Moriyama-ku Nagoya, Aichi,
Email: shingo.shimoda [at] riken.jp