RIKEN Center for Integrative Medical Sciences Laboratory for International Alliance on Genomic Research
Team Leader: Taisei Mushiroda (Ph.D.)
The main aim of our laboratory is, through collaborations in Japan and internationally, to identify useful biomarkers which could be used to predict drug-induced adverse events, guide drug use and be used in disease prediction diagnosis. We actively recruit young scientists from overseas to work at RIKEN and carry out research in SNP-based approach, statistical analysis and biological analysis. Our long-term goal is to establish an international SNP research network that will make the Center for Integrative Medical Sciences a world leader in personalized medicine.
Main Research Fields
- Medicine, Dentistry & Pharmacy
- Genomic biomarker
- Drug response
- Adverse drug reaction
- Germline genetic testing
- 1.Ruamviboonsuk P, Tadarati M, Singhanetr P, Wattanapokayakit S, Kunhapan P, Wanitchanon T, Wichukchinda N, Mushiroda T, Akiyama M, Momozawa Y, Kubo M, Mahasirimongkol S.:
"Genome-wide association study of neovascular age-related macular degeneration in the Thai population"
J Hum Genet. in press (2017).
- 2.Petros Z, Lee MT, Takahashi A, Zhang Y, Yimer G, Habtewold A, Schuppe-Koistinen I, Mushiroda T, Makonnen E, Kubo M, Aklillu E.:
"Genome-Wide Association and Replication Study of Hepatotoxicity Induced by Antiretrovirals Alone or with Concomitant Anti-Tuberculosis Drugs"
OMICS 21, 207-16 (2017).
- 3.Petros Z, Lee MM, Takahashi A, Zhang Y, Yimer G, Habtewold A, Amogne W, Aderaye G, Schuppe-Koistinen I, Mushiroda T, Makonnen E, Kubo M, Aklillu E.:
"Genome-wide association and replication study of anti-tuberculosis drugs-induced liver toxicity"
BMC Genomics 17, 755 (2016).
- 4.Chin YM, Tan LP, Abdul Aziz N, Mushiroda T, Kubo M, Mohd Kornain NK, Tan GW, Khoo AS, Krishnan G, Pua KC, Yap YY, Teo SH, Lim PV, Nakamura Y, Lum CL; Malaysian NPC Study Group, Ng CC.:
"Integrated pathway analysis of nasopharyngeal carcinoma implicates the axonemal dynein complex in the Malaysian cohort"
Int J Cancer 139, 1731-9 (2016).
- 5.Low JS, Chin YM, Mushiroda T, Kubo M, Govindasamy GK, Pua KC, Yap YY, Yap LF, Subramaniam SK, Ong CA, Tan TY, Khoo AS; Malaysian NPC Study Group, Ng CC.:
"A Genome Wide Study of Copy Number Variation Associated with Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma in Malaysian Chinese Identifies CNVs at 11q14.3 and 6p21.3 as Candidate Loci"
PLoS One 11, e0145774 (2016)
- 6.Chin YM, Mushiroda T, Takahashi A, Kubo M, Krishnan G, Yap LF, Teo SH, Lim PV, Yap YY, Pua KC, Kamatani N, Nakamura Y, Sam CK, Khoo AS; Malaysian NPC Study Group, Ng CC.:
"HLA-A SNPs and amino acid variants are associated with nasopharyngeal carcinoma in Malaysian Chinese"
Int J Cancer 136, 678-87 (2015).
- 7.Chen CH, Lee CS, Lee MT, Ouyang WC, Chen CC, Chong MY, Wu JY, Tan HK, Lee YC, Chuo LJ, Chiu NY, Tsang HY, Chang TJ, Lung FW, Chiu CH, Chang CH, Chen YS, Hou YM, Chen CC, Lai TJ, Tung CL, Chen CY, Lane HY, Su TP, Feng J, Lin JJ, Chang CJ, Teng PR, Liu CY, Chen CK, Liu IC, Chen JJ, Lu T, Fan CC, Wu CK, Li CF, Wang KH, Wu LS, Peng HL, Chang CP, Lu LS, Chen YT, Cheng AT; Taiwan Bipolar Consortium.:
"Variant GADL1 and response to lithium therapy in bipolar I disorder"
N Engl J Med 370, 119-28 (2014).
- 8.Ohara M, Takahashi H, Lee MT, Wen MS, Lee TH, Chuang HP, Luo CH, Arima A, Onozuka A, Nagai R, Shiomi M, Mihara K, Morita T, Chen YT.:
"Determinants of the over-anticoagulation response during warfarin initiation therapy in Asian patients based on population pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic analyses"
PLoS One, 9, e105891 (2014).
- 9.Caudle KE, Rettie AE, Whirl-Carrillo M, Smith LH, Mintzer S, Lee MT, Klein TE, Callaghan JT; Clinical Pharmacogenetics Implementation Consortium.:
"Clinical Pharmacogenetics Implementation Consortium (CPIC) Guidelines for CYP2C9 and HLA-B genotype and Phenytoin Dosing"
Clin Pharmacol Ther 96, 542-8 (2014).
- 10.Lee MT, Mahasirimongkol S, Zhang Y, Suwankesawong W, Chaikledkaew U, Pavlidis C, Patrinos GP, Chantratita W.:
"Clinical application of pharmacogenomics: The example of HLA-based drug-induced toxicity"
Public Health Genomics, 17, 248-55 (2014).
- Taisei Mushiroda
- Team Leader
1-7-22 Suehiro-cho, Tsurumi-ku,
Yokohama City, Kanagawa,
Email: mushiroda [at] riken.jp