RIKEN Nishina Center for Accelerator-Based Science Industrial Application Research Team
Team Leader: Atsushi Yoshida (D.Sci.)
The industrial cooperation team manages industrial applications of the accelerator facility and its related technologies.
As an application of heavy-ion beams, irradiation tests for semi-conductors of space use have been carried out by private companies.
We promote a development of a wear analysis technique using RI-beam, also. A very intense RI beams of 7Be (T1/2=52 days) at 4.1 MeV/u and 22Na (T1/2=2.6 years) at 3.7 MeV/u can be provided for that purpose.
The team also handles fee-based distribution of radioisotopes of Zn-65, Sr-85, Y-88 and Cd-109 produced at the AVF cyclotron by RI application team under a contract between Japan Radioisotope Association and RIKEN.
Main Research Fields
- Mathematical & Physical Sciences
Related Research Fields
- Interdisciplinary Science & Engineering
- Sharing accelerator facilities for common use program
- Heavy-ion beams irradiation
- RI beams irradiation
- Development for wear diagnostics using RI beams
- Development for γ-ray imaging using RI tracers
- 1.T Kambara, A Yoshida, Y Yanagisawa, D Kameda, N Fukuda, T Ohnishi, T Kubo, R Uemoto, A Nagano, H Uno:
"Industrial Application of Radioactive Ion Beams at the RIKEN RI Beam Factory"
Journal AIP Conference Proceedings 1412, pp423-429 (2011)
- 2.A Yoshida, T.Kambara, A.Nakao, R Uemoto, H.Uno, A Nagano, H.Yamaguchi, T.Nakao, D.Kahl, Y Yanagisawa, D Kameda, T.Ohnishi, N Fukuda, T Kubo:
"Wear diagnostics of industrial material using RI beams of 7Be and 22Na"
Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research B317, 785-788 (2013)
- 3.T. Kambara, A. Yoshida, H. Takeichi,:
"Gamma-ray inspection of rotating object"
Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research A 797, 1-7 (2015)
- 4.T. Kambara:
"Gamma-Ray Inspection of Rotating Object (GIRO)"
Nuclear Physics News Vol. 26, No.4, 26-29 (2016)
- Atsushi Yoshida
- Team Leader
- Tadashi Kambara
- Contract Researcher
- Akihiro Nambu
- Technical Staff I
|Seeking a Postdoctoral Researcher or Contract Researcher (W21175)||Nov 30, 2021|
Email: ayoshida [at] ribf.riken.jp