RIKEN SPring-8 Center Imaging Development Team
Team Leader: Makina Yabashi (D.Eng.)
Coherent x-ray diffraction imaging is a burgeoning field directed toward determining the 3D structure of noncrystalline specimens at atomic resolution. Currently we are working to develop 3D x-ray diffraction microscopy that will shine new light in nano- and bio-technology at the nanometer resolution. With the emergent x-ray free electron lasers, the coherent x-ray diffraction imaging technique expects to find its ultimate application in imaging single macromolecules at near atomic resolution.
- Resonant coherent x-ray diffraction imaging with elemental specificity
- High resolution 3D imaging of biological specimens and nano-structures
- High contrast coherent diffraction imaging with FELs
- 1.H. Jiang, C. Song,T. Ishikawa, J. Miao et al.:
"Quantitative 3D imaging of whole, unstained cells by using X-ray diffraction microscopy"
Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 107, 11234 (2010)
- 2.C. Song, H. Jiang, A. P. Mancuso, B. Amirbekian, L. Peng, R. Sun, S. S Shah, Z. H. Zhou, T. Ishikawa, and J. Miao:
"Quantitative imaging of single, unstained viruses with coherent X-rays"
Phys. Rev. Lett., 101, 158101 (2008)
- 3.C. Song, R. Bergstrom, D. Ramunno-Johnson, H. Jiang, D. Paterson, M. D. de Jonge, I. McNulty, J. Lee, K. Wang, and J. Miao:
"Nanoscale imaging of buried structures with elemental specificity using resonant x-ray diffraction microscopy"
Phys. Rev. Lett., 100, 025504 (2008)
- 4.R. L. Sandberg, C. Song, P. W. Wachulak, D. A. Raymondson, A. Paul, B. Amirbekian, E. Lee, A. E. Sakdinawat, M. C. Marconi, C. S. Menoni, M. M. Murnane, J. J. Rocca, H. C. Kapteyn, and J. Miao:
"High numerical aperture tabletop soft x-ray diffraction microscopy with 70 nm resolution"
Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 105, 24 (2008)
- 5.C. Song, D. Ramunno-Johnson, Y. Nishino, Y. Kohmura, C.-C. Chen, T.-K. Lee, T. Ishikawa, and J. Miao:
"Phase retrieval from exactly oversampled diffraction intensity through deconvolution"
Phys. Rev. B, 75, 0120102 (2007)
- 6.R. L. Sandberg, A. Paul, D. A. Raymondson, S. Hadrich, D. M. Gaudiosi, J. Holtsnider, R. I. Tobey, O. Cohen, M. Murnane, H. C. Kapteyn, C. Song, J. Miao, Y. Liu, and F. Salmassi:
"Lensless diffractive imaging using tabletop, coherent, high harmonic soft x-ray beams"
Phys. Rev. Lett., 99, 98103 (2007)
- 7.H. Jiang, D. Ramunno-Johnson, C. Song, B. Amirbekian, Y. Kohmura, Y. Nishino, Y. Takahashi, T. Ishikawa, and J. Miao:
"Nanoscale imaging of mineral crystals inside biological composite materials using x-ray diffraction microscopy"
Phys. Rev. Lett., 100, 038103 (2008)
- 8.J. Miao, R. L. Sandberg and C. Song:
"Coherent Diffraction Imaging with X-rays"
IEEE J. of Sel. Topics in Quantum Electronics 18, 399, (2011)
- 9.J. Park, D. Nam, Y. Kohmura, M. Nagasono, Y. Jeon, J.-B. Lee, T. Ishikawa and C. Song:
"Assessment of Radiation Damage in Single-shot Coherent Diffraction of DNA Molecules by EUV-FEL"
Phys. Rev. E 86, 042901(2012)
- 10.D. Nam, J. Park, M. Gallagher-Jones, S. Kim, S.-N. Kim, Y. Kohmura, H. Naitow, N. Kunishima, T. Yoshida, T. Ishikawa and C. Song:
"Imaging fully hydrated whole cells by coherent x-ray diffraction microscopy"
Phys. Rev. Lett. (in print 2013)
Recent Research Results
- Makina Yabashi
- Team Leader
- Saori Maki
- Research Scientist
|Seeking a few Research Scientists or Postdoctoral Researchers (C22-0102)||Open until filled|
1-1-1 Kouto, Sayo-cho