The FIRST-QS2C Workshop on "Emergent Phenomena of Correlated Materials" will be held on Dec 12-15, 2011 at the ANA InterContinental Manza Beach Hotel & Resort in Okinawa Island, Japan. This is the 13th workshop in a series held by JRCAT, AIST-CERC, ERATO and RIKEN since 1996.
This workshop aims at providing a forum to share the latest information and ideas, as well as promoting international collaborations on emergent phenomena in correlated materials, with particular focus on the following subjects:
- Cross-correlated phenomena
- Gigantic responses from strong correlations
- Dissipationless electronics
- Theory and first-principles calculations
- Interfaces and oxide electronics
- Topological insulators
- New superconductors
To stimulate intensive discussions, the number of participants will be limited to approximately 180 people,
including invited speakers. The program will be organized with sufficient time for discussions.
Funding Program for World-Leading Innovative R&D on Science and Technology (FIRST Program) : This program is initiated by the Council for Science and Technology Policy (CSTP) and managed by the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS).
- Quantum-Phase Electronics Center, School of Engineering, The University of Tokyo
- Cabinet Office
- Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology
- Functional oxide electronics group, The Japan Society of Applied Physics (JSAP)
- Platform green functional-oxide nanotechnology (GreFON), Low-carbon research network japan