RIKEN Center for Emergent Matter Science Emergent Supramolecular Materials Research Team
Team Leader: Yong-Jin Pu (D.Eng.)
Chemical or electrical junction at the interface between organic and inorganic layers largely affects performance of the photon–electron conversion devices. Such a junction is based on intermolecular interaction or chemical reaction, and the active control of the interaction at the molecular level is necessary. Our challenge is to synthesize the molecular hybrids of organic and inorganic semiconductors and develop their new functions. Especially, we develop novel photocatalysts or molecular sensors by the 2D- or 3D-controlled molecular hybridized network. We also challenge to create the macroscopic function switching device, triggered by the dynamic change of the network in non-equilibrium state.
Main Research Fields
- Interdisciplinary Science & Engineering
Related Research Fields
- Quantum dot
- Semiconductor nanoparticle
- Exciton management
Papers with an asterisk(*) are based on research conducted outside of RIKEN.
- 1.*S. Kawata, J. Furudate, T. Kimura, H. Minaki, A. Saito, H, Katagiri, Y.-J. Pu.:
"Controlling the Excited-State Energy Levels of 9,9'-Bifluorenylidene Derivatives by Twisting their Structure for Attaining Singlet Fission Character in Organic Photovoltaics"
Jounal of Materials Chemistry C, 5, 4909-4914 (2017).
- 2.*S. Kawata, Y.-J. Pu, A. Saito, Y. Kurashige, T. Beppu, H. Katagiri, M. Hada, J. Kido.:
"Singlet Fission of Non-polycyclic Aromatic Molecules in Organic Photovoltaics"
Advanced Materials, 28, 1585-1590 (2016).
- 3.*T. Chiba, Y.-J. Pu, J. Kido.:
"Solution-Processed White Phosphorescent Tandem Organic Light-Emitting Devices"
Advanced Materials, 27, 4681-4687 (2015).
- 4.*Y.-J. Pu, T. Chiba, K. Ideta, S. Takahashi, N. Aizawa, T. Hikichi, J. Kido.:
"Fabrication of organic light-emitting devices comprising stacked light-emitting units by solution-based processes"
Advanced Materials, 27, 1327-1332 (2015).
- 5.*N. Aizawa, Y.-J. Pu, M. Watanabe, T. Chiba, K. Ideta, N. Toyota, M. Igarashi, Y. Suzuri, H. Sasabe, J Kido.:
"Solution-processed multilayer small-molecule light-emitting devices with high-efficiency white-light emission"
Nature Communications, 5, 5756 (2014).
- 6.*N. Aizawa, Y.-J. Pu, T. Chiba, S. Kawata, H. Sasabe, J. Kido.:
"Instant Low-Temperature Cross-Linking of Poly(N-vinylcarbazole) for Solution-Processed Multilayer Blue Phosphorescent Organic Light-Emitting Devices"
Advanced Materials, 26, 7543-7546 (2014).
- 7.*J.-Y. Hu, Y.-J. Pu, F. Satoh, S. Kawata, H. Katagiri, H. Sasabe, J. Kido.:
"Bisanthracene-Based Donor-Acceptor type Light-Emitting Dopants: Highly Efficient Deep-Blue Emission in Organic Light-Emitting Devices"
Advanced Functional Materials, 24, 2064-2071 (2014).
- 8.*Y.-J. Pu, G. Nakata, F. Satoh, H. Sasabe, D. Yokoyama, J. Kido.:
"Optimizing the charge balance of fluorescent organic light-emitting devices to achieve high external quantum efficiency beyond the conventional upper limit"
Advanced Materials, 24, 1765-1770 (2012).
Recent Research Results
- Yong-Jin Pu
- Team Leader
- Yuki Seino
- Postdoctoral Researcher
- Kazushi Enomoto
- Postdoctoral Researcher
- Yuji Yajima
- Technical Staff I
|Seeking a Postdoctoral Researcher (W19163)||Open until filled|
S302 Bioscience Bldg,
2-1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama
Email: yongjin.pu [at] riken.jp