RIKEN Center for Emergent Matter Science Quantum Condensate Research Team
Team Leader: Masahito Ueda (Ph.D.)
Many systems are known to undergo Bose-Einstein condensation at low temperatures such as ultracold atomic gases, superconductors and liquid helium. In these systems, a macroscopic number of atoms occupy the same single-particle state, thereby amplifying quantum-mechanical microscopic properties to a macroscopic level. These quantum condensates are important not only from a fundamental physics point of view but also for applications to quantum information and quantum simulators. The quantum condensate research team aims to promote these researches theoretically and experimentally.
Main Research Fields
- Mathematical & Physical Sciences
Related Research Fields
- Ultracold atomic gases
- Quantum information, Measurement, and Control
- Information thermodynamics
- Bose-Einstein condensation
- 1.Naoto Tsuji, Philipp Werner, and Masahito Ueda.:
"Exact out-of-time-ordered correlation functions for an interacting lattice fermion model"
Phys. Rev. A 95, 011601(R) -- Published 3 January 2017
- 2.Yûto Murashita and Masahito Ueda.:
"Gibbs Paradox Revisited from the Fluctuation Theorem with Absolute Irreversibility"
Phys. Rev. Lett. 118, 060601 -- Published 8 February 2017
- 3.Ken Funo, Jing-Ning Zhang, Cyril Chatou, Kihwan Kim, Masahito Ueda, and Adolfo del Campo.:
"Universal Work Fluctuations During Shortcuts to Adiabaticity by Counterdiabatic Driving"
Phys. Rev. Lett. 118, 100602 – Published 8 March 2017
- 4.Shun Uchino and Masahito Ueda.:
"Anomalous Transport in the Superfluid Fluctuation Regime"
Phys. Rev. Lett. 118, 105303 – Published 8 March 2017
- 5.Zongping Gong, Sho Higashikawa, and Masahito Ueda.:
"Zeno Hall Effect"
Phys. Rev. Lett. 118, 200401 – Published 18 May 2017
- 6.Yuto Ashida, Shunsuke Furukawa and Masahito Ueda.:
"Parity-time-symmetric quantum critical phenomena"
Nature Communications 8, Article number: 15791 (2017) doi:10.1038/ncomms15791
- 7.Kohei Kawabata, Yuto Ashida, and Masahito Ueda.:
"Information Retrieval and Criticality in Parity-Time-Symmetric Systems"
Phys. Rev. Lett. 119, 190401 – Published 6 November 2017
- 8.Naoto Tsuji, Tomohiro Shitara and Masahito Ueda.:
"Out-of-time-order fluctuation-dissipation theorem"
Phys. Rev. E 97, 012101 – Published 3 January 2018
- 9.Zongping Gong, Ryusuke Hamazaki, and Masahito Ueda.:
"Discrete Time-Crystalline Order in Cavity and Circuit QED Systems"
Phys. Rev. Lett. 120, 040404 – Published 25 January 2018
- 10.Ryusuke Hamazaki and Masahito Ueda.:
"Atypicality of Most Few-Body Observables"
Phys. Rev. Lett. 120, 080603 – Published 23 February 2018
Recent Research Results
Nov. 27, 2015
A sensitive approach to atom counting
Mar. 20, 2015
The universal nature of three-body attraction
Jan. 23, 2015
Particles find their mass
- Masahito Ueda
- Team Leader
- Takashi Mori
- Research Scientist
- Lennart Justin Dabelow
- Postdoctoral Researcher
- Naoto Tsuji
- Visiting Scientist
2-1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama