RIKEN Center for Emergent Matter Science Spin Physics Theory Research Team
Team Leader: Gen Tatara (D.Sci.)
Our aim is to explore novel spin-related effects with extremely high efficiency in condensed matters. We thus contributes to development of spintronics, a technology using spin as well as charge of electrons, and to realization of ultrafast and high-density information technology with low energy consumption. Our particular interest is at present in a strong quantum relativistic effect in solids, which is applicable to very strong magnets and efficient conversion of spin information to an electric signal. Our main method is a field theory.
Main Research Fields
- Mathematical & Physical Sciences
Related Research Fields
- Interdisciplinary Science & Engineering
- 1.Fumiya Nagasawa, Diego Frustaglia, Henri Saarikoski, Klaus Richter, and Junsaku Nitta:
"Control of spin geometric phase in semiconductor quantum rings"
Nature Communications 4, 2526 (2013).
- 2.Hideo Kawaguchi,G. Tatara:
Effective Hamiltonian theory for nonreciprocal light propagation in magnetic Rashba conductor Phys. Rev. B 94,235148 (1-8) (2016).
- 3.Toru Kikuchi, Takashi Koretsune, Ryotaro Arita, G. Tatara:
Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya interaction as a consequence of a Doppler shift due to
spin-orbit-induced intrinsic spin current
Phys. Rev. Lett. 116,247201 (1-6) (2016).(PRL Editors' Suggestion)
- 4.Junya Shibata, Akihito Takeuchi, Hiroshi Kohno, and Gen Tatara:
Theory of Anomalous Optical Properties of Bulk Rashba Conductor
J.Phys. Soc. Japan 85,033701 (1-5) (2016).
- 5.Gen Tatara:
Thermal Vector Potential Theory of Transport Induced by a Temperature Gradient
Phys. Rev. Lett.114, 196601 (1-5) (2015).
- 6.Gen Tatara, Hiroshi Kohno and Junya Shibata:
"Microscopic Approach to Current-driven Domain Wall Dynamics"
Phys. Rep., 468 , 213-301 (2008).
- 7.Gen Tatara and Hidetoshi Fukuyama:
"Phasons and Excitations in Skyrmion Lattice"
J. Phys. Soc. Jpn., 83 104711(1-15) (2014).
- 8.Henri Saarikoski, Hiroshi Kohno, Christopher H. Marrows, and Gen Tatara:
"Current-driven dynamics of coupled domain walls in a synthetic antiferromagnet"
Phys. Rev. B, 90, 094411(1-8) (2014).
- 9.Hideo Kawaguchi and Gen Tatara:
"Coupling Theory of Emergent Spin Electromagnetic Field and Electromagnetic Field"
J. Phys. Soc. Jpn., 83, 074710 (1-6) (2014).
- 10.N. Nakabayashi and G. Tatara:
"Rashba-induced spin electromagnetic _elds in a strong sd coupling region"
New J. Phys., 16 015016 (1-18) (2014).
Recent Research Results
Aug. 19, 2016
A changed exchange for magnetic materials
- Gen Tatara
- Team Leader
- Collins Ashu Akosa
- Postdoctoral Researcher
- Atsuo Shitade
- Special Postdoctoral Researcher
- Yuta Yamane
- Visiting Researcher
- Junji Fujimoto
- Research Fellow
2-1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama
Email: gen.tatara [at] riken.jp