Chief Scientist Laboratories Condensed Matter Physics Laboratory
Chief Scientist: Gen Tatara (D.Sc.)
Our aim is to explore novel spin-related effects with extremely high efficiency in condensed matters. We thus contributes to development of spintronics, a technology using spin as well as charge of electrons, and to realization of ultrafast and high-density information technology with low energy consumption. Our particular interest is at present in a strong quantum relativistic effect in solids, which is applicable to very strong magnets and efficient conversion of spin information to an electric signal. Our main method is a field theory.
Main Research Fields
- Mathematical & Physical Sciences
Related Research Fields
- Interdisciplinary Science & Engineering
- 1.Gen Tatara，Shigemi Mizukami.:
“Consistent microscopic analysis of spin pumping effects”
Phys.Rev.B 96, 064423(1-23)(2017).
- 2.Fumiya Nagasawa, Diego Frustaglia, Henri Saarikoski, Klaus Richter, and Junsaku Nitta.:
“Control of spin geometric phase in semiconductor quantum rings”
Nature Communications 4, 2526 (2013).
- 3.Hideo Kawaguchi,G. Tatara.:
“Effective Hamiltonian theory for nonreciprocal light propagation in magnetic Rashba conductor”
Phys. Rev. B 94,235148 (1-8) (2016).
- 4.Toru Kikuchi, Takashi Koretsune, Ryotaro Arita, G. Tatara.:
“Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya interaction as a consequence of a Doppler shift due to
spin-orbit-induced intrinsic spin current”
Phys. Rev. Lett. 116,247201 (1-6) (2016).(PRL Editors' Suggestion)
- 5.Junya Shibata, Akihito Takeuchi, Hiroshi Kohno, and Gen Tatara.:
“Theory of Anomalous Optical Properties of Bulk Rashba Conductor”
J.Phys. Soc. Japan 85,033701 (1-5) (2016).
- 6.Gen Tatara.:
“Thermal Vector Potential Theory of Transport Induced by a Temperature Gradient”
Phys. Rev. Lett.114, 196601 (1-5) (2015).
- 7.Gen Tatara, Hiroshi Kohno and Junya Shibata.:
“Microscopic Approach to Current-driven Domain Wall Dynamics”
Phys. Rep., 468 , 213-301 (2008).
- 8.Gen Tatara and Hidetoshi Fukuyama.:
“Phasons and Excitations in Skyrmion Lattice”
J. Phys. Soc. Jpn., 83 104711(1-15) (2014).
- 9.Henri Saarikoski, Hiroshi Kohno, Christopher H. Marrows, and Gen Tatara.:
“Current-driven dynamics of coupled domain walls in a synthetic antiferromagnet”
Phys. Rev. B, 90, 094411(1-8) (2014).
- 10.N. Nakabayashi and G. Tatara.:
"Rashba-induced spin electromagnetic _elds in a strong sd coupling region"
New J. Phys., 16 015016 (1-18) (2014).