RIKEN Nishina Center for Accelerator-Based Science Computing and Network Team
Team Leader: Hidetada Baba (Ph.D.)
This team is in charge of research & development of the data acquisition/processing system, and operation of computer/network environments for nuclear physics experiments at the Nishina Center for Accelerator-Based Science.
We are developing a network-distributed data acquisition (DAQ) system as well as parallel readout systems and lossless detector front-end systems to establish hi-performance data taking. In addition, an advanced DAQ infrastructure using timestamp and trigger modules that are implemented with reconfigurable logic circuits is available. Research of real-time data processing using hardware acceleration is ongoing. We are also collaborating with domestic and international researchers to develop new DAQ systems.
Main Research Fields
- Mathematical & Physical Sciences
Related Research Fields
- Nuclear Physics
- Data Acquisition System
- Information Technology
- 1.H. Baba, T. Ichihara, T. Ohnishi, S. Takeuchi, K. Yoshida, Y. Watanabe, S. Ota, S. Shimoura, K. Yoshinaga.:
"Time-stamping system for nuclear physics experiments at RIKEN RIBF"
Nucl. Instru. Method. A777 (2015) 75-79
- 2.H. Baba, T. Ichihara, T. Ohnishi, S. Takeuchi, K. Yoshida, Y. Watanabe, S. Ota, and S. Shimoura.:
"New data acquisition system for the RIKEN Radioactive Isotope Beam Facility"
Nucl. Instru. Method. A616 (2010) 65-68
- 3.Hidetada Baba, Takashi Ichihara, Tadaaki Isobe, Charles Houarner, Clotilde Maugeais, Bruno Raine, Frédéric
Saillant, Gilles Wittwer, Nikolaus Kurz, Henning Schaffner, Roman Gernhäuser, Shebli Anvar, Denis Calvet,
Frédéric Château, Emanuel Pollacco;
“DAQ Coupling in RIKEN RIBF”
Real Time Conferenct (RT), 2014 19th IEEE-NPSS, DOI: 10.1109/RTC.2014.7097436
- 4.R. Tanuma, H. Baba, Y. Nakaya, S. Ozaki, Y. Sakamoto, S. Tanaka, Y. Totsuka, T. Yoshida, and J. Murata;
“FPGA-based Trigger/DAQ system for the MTV experiment at TRIUMF”
Real Time Conferenct (RT), 2014 19th IEEE-NPSS, DOI: 10.1109/RTC.2014.7097470
- 5.T. Ichihara,Y. Watanabe, and H. Baba.:
"Computing and Network environment at RIKEN Nishina Center"
RIKEN Accel. Prog. Rep. 50 p.226 (2017)
- Hidetada Baba
- Team Leader
- Yasushi Watanabe
- Senior Research Scientist
- Takashi Ichihara
- Special Temporary Research Scientist
Nishina RIBF Bldg,
Email: baba [at] ribf.riken.jp