RIKEN Center for Advanced Intelligence Project Computational Brain Dynamics Team
Team Leader: Okito Yamashita (Ph.D.)
Mental disorder is becoming one of the most serious problems in our society. We are developing big data analysis and dynamics modeling methods of human brain imaging data such as fMRI, MEG, EEG and NIRS in order to realize novel imaging-based diagnosis and therapy.
Main Research Fields
- Neuroscience & Behavior
Related Research Fields
- Computer Science
- human brain imaging
- brain dynamics model
- mental disorder
Papers with an asterisk(*) are based on research conducted outside of RIKEN.
- 1.Hirayama J-i, Hyvärinen A, Kiviniemi V, Kawanabe M, Yamashita O.:
"Characterizing Variability of Modular Brain Connectivity with Constrained Principal Component Analysis"
PLoS ONE 11(12): e0168180(2016)
- 2.*Yamashita O.,Shimokawa T., Aisu R., Amita T., Inoue Y., Sato M.:
"Multi-subject and multi-task experimental validation of the hierarchical Bayesian diffuse optical tomography algorithm"
NeuroImage, 135, 287-299(2016)
- 3.*Fukushima M, Yamashita O, Knosche TR, Sato M.:
"MEG source reconstruction based on identification of directed source interactions on whole-brain anatomical networks"
NeuroImage, Volume 105, 408-427 (2015)
- 4.*Yamashita O, Shimokawa T, Kosaka T, Amita T, Inoue Y, and Sato M.:
"Hierarchical Bayesian Model for Diffuse Optical Tomography of the Human Brain: Human Experimental Study"
Journal of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics, Vol.18, No.6, 1026-1033(2014)
- 5.*Yanagisawa T*, Yamashita O*, Hirata M, Kishima H, Saitoh Y, Goto T, Yoshimine T, and Kamitani Y.:
"Regulation of motor representation by phase–amplitude coupling in the sensorimotor cortex"
J Neurosci, vol.32(44):15467-75 (*equal contribution) (2012)
- 6.*Miyawaki Y, Uchida H, Yamashita O, Sato M, Morito Y, Tanabe H, Sadato N, Kamitani Y.:
"Visual image reconstruction from human brain activity using a combination of multiscale local image decoders"
Neuron, Vol.60(5):915-29. (2008)
- 7.*Yamashita O, Sato M, Yoshioka T, Tong F, Kamitani Y.:
"Sparse estimation automatically selects voxels relevant for the decoding of fMRI activity patterns"
- 8.*Yamashita O, Sadato N, Okada T and Ozaki T.:
"Evaluating frequency-wise directed connectivity of BOLD signals applying relative power contribution with the linear multivariate time-series models"
NeuroImage, Vol.25, Issue 2, pp.478-490(2005)
- 9.*Galka A, Yamashita O, Ozaki T, Biscay R and Valdes-Sosa P.:
"A solution to the dynamical inverse problem of EEG generation using spatiotemporal Kalman filtering"
NeuroImage, Vol.23, Issue 2, pp.435-453(2004)
- 10.*Yamashita O, Galka A, Ozaki T, Biscay R and Valdes-Sosa P.:
"Recursive Penalized Least Squares Solution for Dynamical Inverse Problems of EEG Generation"
Human Brain Mapping, Vol.21, Issue 4, pp.221-235(2004)
- Okito Yamashita
- Team Leader
- Yusuke Takeda
- Research Scientist
- Hiroshi Morioka
- Postdoctoral Researcher
- Shigeyuki Ikeda
- Postdoctoral Researcher
Seika-cho, Souraku-gun, Kyoto
Email: okito.yamashita [at] riken.jp