RIKEN Center for Sustainable Resource Science Green Nanocatalysis Research Team
Team Leader: Yoichi Yamada (D.Phar.)
“Can we show the general methodology for development of highly active & reusable catalysts?”, “If we can develop ultimately highly active catalysts, can they promote unrealized reactions?”, “If we cover catalysts with light, what reactions will be promoted?”, and “Can we develop suitable catalysts towards green sustainable chemistry?” It is our mission in this new team (established in FY2018) to show our answers against the above-mentioned questions. For this purpose, we will develop self-organized catalysts of polymer ligands and metal species, spatial catalysts where micro/nano space materials and catalytic molecules/clusters are merged, and photo-exited catalysts, on the basis of inspiration from enzymes, as well as living orgasms and materials that conduct photoelectric conversion.
Main Research Fields
Related Research Fields
- Complex Systems
- Interdisciplinary Science & Engineering
- Medicine, Dentistry & Pharmacy
- Polymer-metal catalysts
- Supported catalysts
- Highly active & reusable catalysts
- Green sustainable chemistry
- Photo catalysts
- 1.R. Hudson,* H. R. Zhang, A. LoTemplio, G. Bennedetto, G. Hamasaka, Y. M. A. Yamada,* J. L. Katz,* and Y. Uozumi,*.:
"Tunable poly(meta-phenylene oxides) for the design of an efficient, reusable, metalloribozyme-mimetic catalytic platform"
Chem. Commun. in press (2018) (DOI: 10.1039/C8CC00774H)
- 2.T. S. Symeonidis, A. Athanasoulis, R. Ishii, Y. Uozumi, Y. M. A. Yamada,* and I. N. Lykakis*.:
"Photocatalytic Aerobic Oxidation of Alkenes into Epoxides or Chlorohydrins Promoted by a Polymer-Supported Decatungstate Catalyst"
ChemPhotoChem. 1, 479-484 (2017) (DOI: 10.1002/cptc.201700079)
- 3.F. K.-C. Leung, F. Ishiwari, Y. Shoji, T. Nishikawa, R. Takeda, Y. Nagata, M. Suginome, Y. Uozumi, Y. M. A. Yamada,* and T. Fukushima*.:
"Synthesis and Catalytic Applications of a Triptycene-Based Monophosphine Ligand for Palladium-Mediated Organic Transformations"
ACS Omega, 2, 1930-1937 (2017) (DOI: 10.1021/acsomega.7b00200)
- 4.Y. M. A. Yamada, * H. Yoshida, A. Ohno, T. Sato, T. Mase, and Yasuhiro Uozumi*.:
"Huisgen Cycloaddition with Acetylene Gas by Using an Amphiphilic Self-Assembled Polymeric Copper Catalyst"
Heterocycles, 95, 715-721 (2017) (DOI: 10.3987/COM-16-S(S)57), for Special Issue in honor of Professor Dr. Masakatsu Shibasaki on 70th Birthday
- 5.F. K.-C. Leung, F. Ishiwari, T. Kajitani, Y. Shoji, T. Hikima, M. Takata, A. Saeki, S. Seki, Y. M. A. Yamada, and T. Fukushima.:
"Supramolecular Scaﬀold for Tailoring the Two-Dimensional Assembly of Functional Molecular Units into Organic Thin Films"
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 138, 11727−11733 (2016).
- 6.H. Baek, M. Minakawa, Y. M. A. Yamada,* J. Han and Y. Uozumi*.:
"In-Water and Neat Batch and Continuous-Flow Direct Esterification and Transesterification by a Porous Polymeric Acid Catalyst"
Sci. Rep. 6, 25925 (2016)
- 7.Y. M. A. Yamada,* A. Ohno, T. Sato, and Y. Uozumi*.:
"Instantaneous Click Chemistry by a Copper-Containing Polymeric-Membrane-Installed Microflow Catalytic Reactor"
Chem. Eur. J. 21, 17269-17273 (2015). [Highlighted in ChemistryViews on November 1, 2015.
- 8.T. Sato, A. Ohno, S. M. Sarkar, Y. Uozumi,* and Y. M. A. Yamada*.:
"A Convoluted Polymeric Imidazole Palladium Catalyst: Structural Elucidation and Investigation of Driving Force for Efficient Mizoroki-Heck Reaction"
ChemCatChem 7, 2141-2148 (2015)
- 9.Y. M. A. Yamada,* Y. Yuyama, T. Sato, S. Fujikawa, Y. Uozumi.:
"Hybrid of Palladium Nanoparticles and Silicon Nanowire Ar-ray: A Platform for Catalytic Heterogeneous Reactions"
Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 53, 127-131 (2014)
Recent Research Results
Jan. 17, 2014
A catalyst with a million uses
- Yoichi Yamada
- Team Leader
- Takuma Sato
- Research Scientist
- Heeyoel Baek
- Research Scientist
- Zhenzhong Zhang
- Research Scientist
- Abhijit Sen
- Postdoctoral Researcher
- Valerii Bukhanko
- Visiting Researcher
- Aya Ohno
- Technical Staff II
Chemistry and Materials Physics Building
Email: ymayamada [at] riken.jp