RIKEN Center for Emergent Matter Science First-Principles Materials Science Research Team
Team Leader: Ryotaro Arita (Ph.D.)
By means of first-principles calculation, we study non-trivial electronic properties of correlated/topological materials. We also aim at predicting intriguing phenomena originating from many-body correlations and designing novel functional materials/systems. The long-term goal of our research is to establish new guiding principles for materials design. We are also interested in the development of new methods for electronic structure calculation.
Main Research Fields
- Mathematical & Physical Sciences
Related Research Fields
- Interdisciplinary Science & Engineering
- First-principles calculation
- Strongly correlated electron systems
- 1.M.-T. Suzuki, T. Koretsune, M. Ochi and R. Arita
"Cluster multipole theory for anomalous Hall effect in antiferromagnets"
Phys. Rev. B 95, 094406 (2017)
- 2.M. Ochi, R. Arita, and S. Tsuneyuki
"Correlated Band Structure of a Transition Metal Oxide ZnO Obtained from a Many-Body Wave Function Theory"
Phys. Rev. Lett. 118, 026402 (2017)
- 3.R. Akashi, W.Sano, R. Arita and S. Tsuneyuki
"Possible "Magneli" Phases and Self-Alloying in the Supercoducting Sulfur hydride"
Phys. Rev. Lett. 117 075503(2016)
- 4.T. Kikuchi, T. Koretsune, R. Arita, and G. Tatara
"Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya Interaction as a Consequence of a Doppler Shift due to Spin-Orbit-Induced Intrinsic Spin Current"
Phys. Rev. Lett., 116, 247201 (2016)
- 5.W. Sano, T. Koretsune, T. Tadano R. Akashi and R. Arita
"Effect of Van Hove singularities on high-Tc superconductivity in H3S"
Phys. Rev. B 93, 094525 (2016)
- 6.Y. Nomura and R. Arita.:
"Ab initio downfolding for electron-coupled systems: Constrained density-functional perturbation theory"
Phys. Rev. B 92, 245108 (2015)
- 7.R. Arita, H. Ikeda, S. Sakai and M-T. Suzuki.:
"Ab initio downfolding study of the iron-based ladder superconductor BaFe2S3"
Phys. Rev. B 92, 054515 (2015)
- 8.T. Koretsune, N. Nagaosa and R. Arita.:
"Control of Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya interaction in Mn1-xFexGe: a first-principles study"
Scientific Reports, 5 13302 (2015)
- 9.Y. Nomura, S. Sakai, M. Capone and R. Arita.:
"Unified understanding of superconductivity and Mott transition in alkali-doped fullerides from first principles"
Science Advances, 1 e1500568 (2015)
- 10.H. Ikeda, M-T. Suzuki, R. Arita.:
"Emergent loop-nodal s+--wave superconductivity in CeCu2Si2: Similarities to the iron-based superconductors"
Phys. Rev. Lett, 114, 147003 (2015)
Recent Research Results
Nov. 19, 2021
Modeling quantum spin liquids using machine learning
Apr. 21, 2017
A more fundamental approach to correlation
Aug. 28, 2015
Electrons that stick together, superconduct together
- Ryotaro Arita
- Team Leader
- Shiro Sakai
- Senior Scientist
- Motoaki Hirayama
- Research Scientist
- Marie-Therese Diana Philipp
- International Program Associate
307 Frontier Research Laboratory,
Email: arita [at] riken.jp