RIKEN Center for Computational Science Operations and Computer Technologies Division
Director: Fumiyoshi Shoji (Ph.D.)
Operations and Computer Technologies Division is engaged in research and development of advanced usage technologies and advanced operation technologies of the K computer in conjunction with large facilities such as refrigerators and air handling units, as well as daily operation and management of the K computer, the building facilities and network facilities required for stable operation of the K computer system, which has top class capability in the world, as a common use facility around Japan. It also develops outstanding infrastructure of application development that will take full advantage of the capabilities of the K computer.
Main Research Fields
- Complex Systems
Related Research Fields
- HPC(High Performance Computing)
- 1.Y. Hasegawa, et al.:
"First-principles calculations of electron states of a silicon nanowire with 100,000 atoms on the K computer"
Proceedings of the SC11 [Gordon Bell Prize]
- 2.M.Yokokawa, F.Shoji, A.Uno, M.Kurokawa, T.Watanabe:
"The K computer: Japanese next-generation supercomputer development project"
In Proceedings of the 17th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Low-power Electronics and Design, ISLPED ’11, pages 371–372, 2011.
- 3.Hiroyuki Miyazaki, Yoshihiro Kusano, Hiroshi Okano, Tatsumi Nakada, Ken Seki, Toshiyuki Shimizu, Naoki Shinjo, Fumiyoshi Shoji, Atsuya Uno, Motoyoshi Kurokawa:
"K computer: 8.162 PetaFLOPS massively parallel scalar supercomputer built with over 548k cores"
Proceedings of Solid-State Circuits Conference Digest of Technical Papers (ISSCC), 2012 IEEE International, Feb. 19-23, 2012, San Francisco, USA
- 4.Tomoya Adachi, Naoyuki Shida, Kenichi Miura, Shinji Sumimoto, Atsuya Uno, Motoyoshi Kurokawa, Fumiyoshi Shoji, and Mitsuo Yokokawa.:
"The Design of Ultra Scalable MPI Collective Communication on the K Computer."
Comput. Sci., 28(2-3):147–155, May 2013.
- 5.Keiji Yamamoto, Atsuya Uno, Hitoshi Murai, Toshiyuki Tsukamoto, Fumiyoshi Shoji, Shuji, Matsui, Ryuichi Sekizawa, Fumichika Sueyasu, Hiroshi Uchiyama, Mitsuo Okamoto, Nobuo Ohgushi, Katsutoshi Takashina, Daisuke Wakabayashi, Yuki Taguchi, Mitsuo Yokokawa:
"The K computer Operations: Experiences and Statistics"
International Conference on Computational Science (ICCS), 2014, Australia.
- 6.F. Shoji, K. Tanaka, S. Matsushita, H. Takitsuka, T. Tsukamoto and M.Yokokawa:
"Improving the energy efficiencies of power supply and cooling facilities for 10 peta-scale supercomputer"
Computer Science - Research and Development archive Volume 31 Issue 4, November 2016, Pages 235-243.
"Lessons Learned from Development and Operation of the K computer"
Parallel Computing Volume 64, May 2017, Pages 12–19
- Fumiyoshi Shoji
- Toshiyuki Tsukamoto
- Deputy Division Director
- Yukihiro Yamochi
- Technical Staff Ⅱ
- Yoshihisa Fujiwara
- Senior Visiting Scientist
- Shinichi Miura
- Visiting Scientist
Email: shoji [at] riken.jp