RIKEN Center for Computational Science Operations and Computer Technologies Division
Director: Fumiyoshi Shoji (Ph.D.)
Operations and Computer Technologies Division operates the supercomputer Fugaku and its facilities for electricity and cooling as well as network infrastructure of R-CCS. We also are engaged in research and development of technologies for stable and efficient operations of Fugaku and its facilities and enhancement of the usability of Fugaku. Our mission also includes assisting the activity to construct software eco-system for the arm architecture, including Fugaku.
Main Research Fields
- Complex Systems
Related Research Fields
- HPC(High Performance Computing)
- 1.Y. Hasegawa, et al.:
"First-principles calculations of electron states of a silicon nanowire with 100,000 atoms on the K computer"
Proceedings of the SC11 [Gordon Bell Prize]
- 2.M.Yokokawa, F.Shoji, A.Uno, M.Kurokawa, T.Watanabe:
"The K computer: Japanese next-generation supercomputer development project"
In Proceedings of the 17th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Low-power Electronics and Design, ISLPED ’11, pages 371–372, 2011.
- 3.Hiroyuki Miyazaki, Yoshihiro Kusano, Hiroshi Okano, Tatsumi Nakada, Ken Seki, Toshiyuki Shimizu, Naoki Shinjo, Fumiyoshi Shoji, Atsuya Uno, Motoyoshi Kurokawa:
"K computer: 8.162 PetaFLOPS massively parallel scalar supercomputer built with over 548k cores"
Proceedings of Solid-State Circuits Conference Digest of Technical Papers (ISSCC), 2012 IEEE International, Feb. 19-23, 2012, San Francisco, USA
- 4.Tomoya Adachi, Naoyuki Shida, Kenichi Miura, Shinji Sumimoto, Atsuya Uno, Motoyoshi Kurokawa, Fumiyoshi Shoji, and Mitsuo Yokokawa.:
"The Design of Ultra Scalable MPI Collective Communication on the K Computer."
Comput. Sci., 28(2-3):147–155, May 2013.
- 5.Keiji Yamamoto, Atsuya Uno, Hitoshi Murai, Toshiyuki Tsukamoto, Fumiyoshi Shoji, Shuji, Matsui, Ryuichi Sekizawa, Fumichika Sueyasu, Hiroshi Uchiyama, Mitsuo Okamoto, Nobuo Ohgushi, Katsutoshi Takashina, Daisuke Wakabayashi, Yuki Taguchi, Mitsuo Yokokawa:
"The K computer Operations: Experiences and Statistics"
International Conference on Computational Science (ICCS), 2014, Australia.
- 6.F. Shoji, K. Tanaka, S. Matsushita, H. Takitsuka, T. Tsukamoto and M.Yokokawa:
"Improving the energy efficiencies of power supply and cooling facilities for 10 peta-scale supercomputer"
Computer Science - Research and Development archive Volume 31 Issue 4, November 2016, Pages 235-243.
"Lessons Learned from Development and Operation of the K computer"
Parallel Computing Volume 64, May 2017, Pages 12–19
- Fumiyoshi Shoji
- Yuji Iguchi
- Deputy Division Director
- Kazunori Mikami
- Senior Technical Staff
- Shinobu Fukuchi
- Technical Staff II
Email: shoji [at] riken.jp