RIKEN Center for Integrative Medical Sciences Laboratory for Transcriptional Regulation
Team Leader: Ichiro Taniuchi (M.D., Ph.D)
Gene regulation by transcription factors networks plays a central role in development of multi-cellular organisms. The aims of researches in my laboratory are to understand of how genetic program that governs immune cell development is controlled and evolved from the view of transcriptional regulation. In particular, we will focus on mechanisms of silencer-mediated gene repression and functions of Runx transcription factor family. Finally, we wish to apply our findings to develop new technology that will be applied to control human diseases.
Main Research Fields
- Medicine, Dentistry & Pharmacy
Related Research Fields
- Complex Systems
- Immune cell development
- Transcription factors
- Mouse genetics
- 1.Kojo S, Tanaka H, Endo TA, Muroi S, Liu Y, Seo W, Tenno M, Kakugawa K, Naoe Y, Nair K, Moro K, Katsuragi Y, Kanai A, Inaba T, Egawa T, Venkatesh B, Minoda A, Kominami R and Taniuchi I.:
"Priming of lineage-specifying genes by Bcl11b is required for lineage choice in post-selection thymocytes."
Nat Commun 8:702-715 (2017)
- 2.Tenno M, Shiroguchi K, Muroi S, Kawakami E, Koseki K, Kryukov K, Imanishi T, Ginhoux F and Taniuchi I.:
"Cbfβ2-deficiency preserves Langerhans cell precursors by lack of selective TGFβ receptor signaling."
J Exp Med 214:2933-2946(2017)
- 3.Kakugawa K, Kojo S, Tanaka H, Seo W, Endo T. et al.:
"Essential roles of SATB1 in specifying T lymphocyte subsets."
Cell Rep. 19:1176-1188 (2017)
- 4.Tanaka H, Naito T, Muroi S, Seo W, Chihara R, et.al.:
"Epigenetic Thpok silencing limits the time window to choose CD4+ helper-lineage fate in the thymus."
EMBO J. 32:1183-94 (2013).
- 5.Mucida D, Husain M.M, Muroi S, van Wijk F, Shinnakasu R, et al.:
"Transcriptional Reprogramming of Mature CD4 T helper Cells generates distinct MHC class II restricted Cytotoxic T Lymphocytes."
Nat. Immunol. 14: 281-9 (2013).
- 6.Seo W, Ikawa T, Kawamoto H, and Taniuchi I.:
"Runx1/Cbfb is essential for early B lymphocyte development through regulation of Ebf1 expression."
J.Exp.Med. 209:1255-62 (2012).
- 7.Collins A, Littman D.R and Taniuchi I.:
"RUNX proteins in transcription factor networks that regulate T-cell lineage choice."
Nat. Rev. Immunol. 9:106-15 (2009).
- 8.Muroi S, Naoe Y, Miyamoto C, Akiyama K, Ikawa T et al.:
"Cascading suppression of transcriptional silencers by ThPOK seals helper T cell fate."
Nat. Immunol. 9:1113-21 (2008).
- 9.Setoguchi R, Tachibana M, Naoe Y, Muroi S, Akiyama K et al.:
"Repression of the Transcription Factor Th-POK by Runx Complexes in Cytotoxic T Cell Development."
Science 319:816-819 (2008).
- 10.Taniuchi I Osato M, Egawa T, Sunshine M.J, Bae S.-C, et al.:
"Differential requirements for Runx proteins in CD4 repression and epigenetic silencing during T lymphocyte development."
Cell 111: 621-33 (2002).
Recent Research Results
- Ichiro Taniuchi
- Team Leader
- Satoshi Kojo
- Senior Research Scientist
- Takashi Ebihara
- Senior Research Scientist
- Michiko Oishi
- Research Scientist
5F, North Research Building,
1-7-22 Suehiro-cho, Tsurumi-ku,
Yokohama City, Kanagawa,