RIKEN SPring-8 Center Theory Team
Team Leader: Kenji Tamasaku (D.Eng.)
SACLA offers extensive researches of optical science beyond conventional scientific research fields of biology, chemistry and physics. One purpose of our team is to investigate and explore new optical phenomena related to XFEL. Another purpose is to support analysis of pioneering experiments performed by SACLA. Our research is based on x-ray optics, nonlinear optics and condensed matter physics. However, we are collaborating with both theorists and experimentalists over research fields such as elementary particle physics, x-ray optics, condensed matter physics and microwave engineering. Such intense collaboration between theory and experiment triggers implication for next theoretical investigation that becomes feedback to another experiment.
Main Research Fields
- Interdisciplinary Science & Engineering
Related Research Fields
- Mathematical & Physical Sciences
- X-ray optics
- Nonlinear optics
- 1.K. Tamasaku, E. Shigemasa, Y. Inubushi, T. Katayama, K. Sawada, H. Yumoto, H. Ohashi, H. Mimura, M. Yabashi, K. Yamauchi, and T. Ishikawa:
"X-ray two-photon absorption competing against single and sequential multiphoton processes"
Nature Photonics Vol. 8, pp. 313-316 (2014)
- 2.T. Inada, T. Namba, S. Asai, T. Kobayashi, Y. Tanaka, K. Tamasaku, K. Sawada and T. Ishikawa:
"Results of a Search for Paraphotons with Intense X-ray Beams at SPring-8"
Phys. Lett. B Vol. 722, pp. 301 (2013).
- 3.Y. Kohmura, K. Sawada, S. Fukatsu and T. Ishikawa:
"Controlling the Propagation of X-ray Waves inside a Heteroepitaxial Crystal Containing Quantum Dots Using Berry's Phase"
Phys. Rev. Lett. Vol. 110, pp. 057402 (2013).
- 4.S. Tomita, Y. Kosaka, H. Yanagi and K. Sawada:
"Chiral meta-interface; Polarity reversal of ellipticity through double layers consisting of transparent chiral and absorptive achiral media"
Phys. Rev. B Vol. 87, pp. 041404(R) (2012).
- 5.M. Kobayashi, S. Tomita, K. Sawada, K. Shiba, H. Yanagi, I. Yamashita and Y. Uraoka:
"Chiral meta-molecules consisting of gold nanoparticles and genetically engineered tobacco mosaic virus"
Opt. Express. Vol. 20, pp. 24856 (2012).
- 6.K. Tamasaku, K. Sawada, E. Nishibori and T. Ishikawa:
"Visualizing the local optical response to extreme-ultraviolet radiation with a resolution ofλ/380"
Nature Phys. Vol. 7, pp. 705 (2011).
- 7.T. Inada, T. Yamazaki, T. Namba, S. Asai, T. Kobayashi, K. Tamasaku, Y. Tanaka, Y. Inubushi, K. Sawada, M. Yabashi, T. Ishikawa, A. Matsuno, K. Kawaguchi, K. Kindo, and H. Nojiri: "Search for Two-Photon Interaction with Axionlike Particles Using High-Repetition Pulsed Magnets and Synchrotron X Rays"
Phys. Rev. Lett. 118, 071803 (2017).
Recent Research Results
Oct. 26, 2018
First nonlinear spectroscopy of copper using x-rays
Apr. 18, 2014
Taking x-ray lasers to the next level
- Kenji Tamasaku
- Team Leader
- Kei Sawada
- Research Scientist
1-1-1 Kouto, Sayo-cho